Nicola Wood, MD HR - Performance, Reward & Recognition Transformation,
Standard Chartered Bank
Chairs Opening Remarks
Panel: HR’s role in creating a great ‘future-ready’ organization
- How can HR help prepare their organizations for the Future of Work
- Building a Future of Work framework and aligning people strategy to ensure successful business operations.
- How can HR leaders contribute to a culture of high employee engagement and positive employee experience
- Harnessing the full potential of employees and gaining a competitive edge.
Presentation: What steps can HR leaders take to really make an impact on their organizations?
- Are the traditional operating models still fit for purpose?
- How can organizations truly empower their HR Business Partners?
Strategies for streamlining inefficiencies
- How do you push self-serve and get into the true business of HR strategic support?
- How to truly get a seat at the table for the CHRO
Presentation: Creating connection with a dispersed workforce
- How can you maintain employee connection whilst still offering flexible working or that transcends locations, geographies, time zones and cultures?
- Connecting employees to purpose and driving engagement
- Generating authentic connections and capturing those ‘water-cooler’ moments remotely
- Creating a sense of community and belonging for all employees
Future of Work Connects
Morning Break and Networking
Panel: Re-engaging employees and avoiding ‘Quiet Quitting’
- What can employers do to re-engage disconnected employees?
- Facilitating a culture of open communication to address employee problems
- Understanding individual goals and expectations
- Making sure employees feel valued and celebrated
- Prioritizing mental and physical well-being and avoiding burnout
Presentation: Building a change-ready organization
Is your organization change ready? How do you cultivate a work culture that is receptive to change?
- Ensuring you have a clear vison and incentivizing employees to move towards it
- Developing change champions and building change management capabilities into your organization
- Communicating change effectively, knowing your audience and the impact that any change will have on them.
- Creating a compelling case for change and ensuring all leaders are on board.
Lunch & Networking
Panel: Elevating employee experience through technology
- How can employers be intentional with their technology approach to improve the digital employee experience?
- Bridging the gap between the people function and IT to create effective digital workplaces.
- Leveraging technology for internal insights and frequent touch points with teams.
- How can employers remain competitive in their technology approach in such a fast-moving environment?
Presentation: The Metaverse and the world of work
- How can the metaverse be used affectively within organizations?
- What opportunities does it bring? A look at teamwork and collaboration in the metaverse
- What potential challenges do you need to think about?
- Is your organization ready for this new virtual world? Does it need to be?
Panel: Reconsidering culture in a hybrid world
- How have employers had to change their culture strategies to reflect the new ways of working?
- How can employers protect company culture whilst empowering hybrid teams?
- Should companies be encouraging micro cultures that form around teams or should culture be determined from the top down?
- How can leaders be intentional in creating a sense of belonging for all employees?
Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in one of the following discussion groups:
Group 1: How to make a business case for and operationalize employee experience?
This session will look at the perception of cost relating to employee experience and culture. How can you understand the costs, how do you operationalise it and get funding and ongoing budget and how does it contribute to the bottom line?
Group 2: Total Flexibility Vs. Mandated hybrid Vs. full-time In Office/ on site
From strategy to execution. Now organizations have seen the effects of their chosen working model what outcomes have they seen? This session will look at different working models and discuss the pros and cons of each one. Is your model working or do you need to consider a different approach or adapt it? What do you need to support each working model?
Group 3: How can you move towards being a skills-based organization?
This session will look at how organizations can shift mindsets and redefine talent strategies to move away from the traditional job role hierarchy to a faster moving, dynamic matching of skills to work and how do you move to skill-based hiring or should you hire for behaviours and train for skills?
Group 4: How can you equip your leaders and managers to be successful in a multi-choice workstyle culture?
Now that employees can work from anywhere, what tools and skills do leaders need? How are you equipping your leadership and managers to be fully capable of navigating the new working models to make sure they are successful and deliver results?
End of Day One
Chairs Opening Remarks
Presentation: Building a Future-ready workforce
- How can employers predict what capabilities and skills their future workforce will need?
- How can you move towards being a skills-based organization
- Ensuring you have the right people and skill sets to meet your future organizational needs
- Bridging the skills gap, investing in your upskilling program, improving digital literacy
- Rethinking strategies for gaining and retaining talent.
Presentation: Rethinking your EVP for a multi work style environment
- Has your EVP been updated to adjust to the new ways of working?
- How do you deliver on your EVP in an environment that is differentiated by the employee and their workstyle preferences?
- Do you have the right building blocks in place to match the employee experience with your EVP?
- Are your leaders equipped to deliver and enable the promises made to employees and candidates?
- Fostering collaboration, innovation and a sense of belonging when not in a bricks and mortar setting
Panel: Attracting the next generation of employees
- What are the next generation of talent looking for in their employers?
- How does this differ from 5 years ago?
- What do they value and what is motivating for them?
Morning Break and Networking
Presentation: Reassessing your total rewards and compensation strategy
- What does your long-term total compensation strategy look like?
- How do you deal with overly inflated job titles and salaries following the war for talent?
- How to respond to the rise and fall of inflation and the cost of living
- Balancing pay with other benefits and providing longer term incentives.
Presentation: Harnessing the power of Talent Intelligence
- How can organizations use data and AI to connect with employees across the hiring and employee lifecycle?
- Why talent intelligence is key to building workforces of the future
- The role of AI in creating fairer, more diverse, and inclusive workplaces and eliminating human bias.
- Evaluating the risks involved, both ethical and practical.
Panel: Advancing DEI priorities
- Balancing DEI objectives with short term staffing needs
- What challenges does hybrid working present for maintaining equity in the workplace?
- Strategies for advancing under-represented talent
- Are your recruitment programs fit for advancing your DEI goals?
- The importance of a good employee value proposition to attract and retain diverse talent
- The social model of disability, how can you change the environment that individuals are placed in?
Lunch & Networking
Presentation: Driving sustainability in the workplace
- What is HR’s role in promoting environmental and social initiatives to both employees and leaders?
- Why should sustainability be top of the agenda? A look at the benefits of having a sustainability strategy beyond the environmental benefits
- Strategies to help the organizations meet its environmental goals whilst also aligning with employee values
- Inspiring, training, and engaging the organization on best practices and sustainable initiatives.
Presentation: Is the Future a 4-day week?
- Is the 9-5 five-day week still fit for purpose?
- What are the benefits for employers and employees of moving to a 4-day week?
- How are initial trials going? A look at real life case studies and examples.
- What challenges can employers expect and how can HR get buy in from the top?
Panel: Leadership development in the new era
- Changing paradigms to a more human leadership style, what capabilities do future leaders need?
- How do you enable good leadership with a constantly changing and dispersed workforce?
- Developing strategic capabilities, behaviors, and frameworks.
- Growing a diverse leadership succession pipeline
- What critical challenges do leaders of today and tomorrow face and how can they be equipped to deal with them?
End of Day Two
Standard Two Day Pass
- Two Day Conference Ticket
- Coffee-break & networking
- Lunch & Networking
- Access To All Sessions on The Day
- Access To All Presentations Post Event Via The FoW Hub
Get to the venue
Heathrow Airport: 15.2 miles
Gatwick Airport: 26.9 miles
Parking is available at venue, please contact the venue direct for prices.
239 Vauxhall Bridge Rd, Pimlico, London SW1V 1EQ