8th- 9th June, 10:00am - 1:30pm PST
Event Live In
Join knowledgeable like minded peers sharing the latest trends & strategies within the Future of Work landscape with best practice insight.
Now, more than ever, enterprises are turning to our virtual events to help them through their Future Work road-map. We provide a tailored seamless experience with live interaction and accessible content globally.
Join the conversation and share experiences and insight amongst our FoW community. Networking throughout our events and online platforms.
Meet Our Speakers
Robert GatesLead Speaker
Nail TorlLead Speaker
Maris memLead Speaker
Albar StorLead Speaker
Presentation: Three things sailing around Africa taught me about what internal comms teams need today
- How do you make remote working productive and engaging for both employees and the organization?
- Developing robust communication systems that foster collaboration and engagement
- Rethinking how teams can work virtually
- What skills do mangers and need to lead remote teams?
- Elise Golanowski, Managing Consultant, ServiceNow, Habanero Consulting
- Steve Dryburgh Head of HR, Canada, Johnson & Johnson
- Baghir Akhundov, HR Director Canada, West US and Alaska, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Sandy Olejniczak, Vice President Human Resources, Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company
- Nancy Nazer, Chief Human Resources Officer, OMERS
- Reflection and learnings from the past 12 months
- How to build a people-first culture for the future
- Real-world examples of how HR effects employees and their lives
- How can employers develop the skill sets needed for its future workforce?
- Boosting capabilities and skills through training
- Do employees have the right skills to achieve drive future growth and performance?
- Building technical skills in areas such as data science, AI and cyber security
- Understanding emerging, existing and legacy skill sets
- Adopting a dynamic approach to reskilling and redeploying talent
- How to improve the employee experience in a way that drives performance.
- Understand how to implement systems and processes to reinforce positivity.
- Insight on how employee experience is an employee-centric way of thinking about the organization; decisions made internally consider how employees feel about all aspects of their employment.
- How can employees feel valued, trusted and engaged?
- Enabling employees to be their most productive
- Creating a good remote onboarding experience for new employees
- Gaining deeper insight into employee motivations gained a deeper insight into their employee motivations
- Managing employee wellness and mental health
- Ben Skelton, Vice President, Habanero Consulting
- Alexandra Hyland, Associate Director of HR, Kraft Heinz Canada
- Helen Davies, Director, Employee Experience, HR, Sun Peaks Resort LLP
- Sascha King, Director, Talent Acquisition & Employee Experience, Spinmaster
- Dr. Chris Mullen, Executive Director, The Workforce Institute, UKG
- Winning in the workplace
- The new work paradigm
- Behind every great experience is a great workflow
- How can HR play a role in its organization’s digital transformation strategy?
- Keeping strategies aligned with business needs
- Addressing the skills gap
- Managing change and mindsets among employees
- Imran Thobani, Managing Consultant, Workplace Analytics, Habanero Consulting
- Mohammed Chahdi, Director, Head of Americas HR Operations, Dell Technologies
- Omo Akintan, Chief People Officer - People, Equity & Human Rights, City of Toronto
- Peter Pontone, VP, Human Resources, Ricoh Canada Inc.
- Shanyn Bzowey, Director, Future of Work, Suncor
- Sunwing’s Be EPIC be WELL strategy overview
- Tackling mental health – do your research and keep it simple!
- How can remote workers keep separation between work and home life and avoid being on 24/7
- Why an agile digital workplace is essential to internal communications
- How employee apps support your journey and remove communications silos
- Real life examples of other organizations tapping into these tools
- What you can do right now to improve employee engagement, communications and collaboration
- What challenges need to be overcome to become truly resilient organization? A look at skills and work design,
- Shifting focus from being an efficiency first to resiliency first enterprise.
- Leveraging employee and organizational agility to be prepared for continuous changes and respond with speed and effectiveness.
- Removing barriers to resilience.
- How can enterprises make their offices fit-for purpose and help reduce the spread of virus transmission.
- How can spaces be adapted to meet the needs of a new work dynamic?
- What steps can employers put in place to ensure the safety and well-being of their staff?
- What role does technology play?
- In a world of digital noise, how can you make sure that key messages get through to employees?
- Crafting targeted and personalized messages that resonate and prompt the desired response
- How to avoid disconnect between how messages are received and interpreted
- Successfully communicating with frontline staff
- Using data to measure impact and performance
- Christina Ferancik, Product Manager, Habanero Consulting
- Satri Alpine, Vice President, Talent & Culture, The Oppenheimer Group
- Catherine Hughes, Director, Talent, Shopify
- Karen Johnston, Director of Communications, IC Thrive